Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Many Sides of Cardboard

This art project was a lot of fun because I got to be creative with something as simple as cardboard and being able to use its different elements. My favorite part was the wavy middle because its the part you  usually don't see because its covered by the outside piece. As I began this artwork I wanted to incorporate the idea of puzzle pieces and that's what the top three pieces are supposed to be. As I was working through the project different ideas just kept coming to me and I just tried whatever popped into my head. I wanted it to be organized randomness and allow for several interpretations so that the viewer could make it whatever they wanted it to be. For the color I used markers and I actually had to go over it a couple of times so that it would become dark enough. I wouldn't change anything about my artwork because I like the way it turned out and I wouldn't have done anything different. My favorite part of the artwork is the little pieces on the bottom (rolled up cylinder looking thing, square and rectangle cut outs). I learned a lot from this project because I have never thought about using cardboard to make art. 




No comments:

Post a Comment