Friday, April 17, 2015

My Colors of the Rainbow

I decided to make my own rainbow using 100 different colors! First thinking about 100 different colors from black, white, red, yellow, and blue is a little overwhelming and I had no idea where to begin. To make it a little easier and more creative I used watercolors for the first 50 colors and tempera paint for the other 50 colors. I started with the watercolors and tried to do a different colors for each row. At first this worked but it got harder as I went on so I just decided to start mixing whatever color I wanted. Using the watercolors wasn't as easy and I really didn't like it as much. The tempera paint was so much more fun and I was able to make a lot more creative colors with it. I loved being able to make 100 different colors from five. My inspiration came from previous colors. I would make one and really like it so I would make that same color and then twist it with another so that it created a whole new color. Something I would've done differently is try to be more creative with the watercolors and figure out how to make the colors better. I didn't have white so I didn't have as many options compared to the tempera. Doing this project I realized that I really like tempera paint. I've never used it before and I think it's fun and gives you a lot of options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment