Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Plate Mask

As I approached the creation of the artwork I wanted it to be made of things that are inexpensive and easy to use. I used a white paper plate, construction paper, black tempera paint, and an art stick. I made this with the mindset that I was in elementary school and how I thought children this age would create a mask. For the outer edge I cut up strips of purple construction paper and curled them on a pencil. I think if I would have made the strips a little longer they would have curled better. For the cheeks I just cut out the pink paper and rolled it, same with the smaller purple rolls. The black marks were done with the tempera paint and I made it look like little skiffs. The only reason I used an art stick was because I had it right there leftover from another project so I just decided to use it. I like the way my artwork turned out and I feel like it is perfect for k-3 grades. 


No comments:

Post a Comment