Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Batik Gone a Freak

I gave my artwork this title because it didn't really work out like it was supposed to. What I had in my mind was not what ended up happening. I used clear washable elmers glue and it didn't hold up very well. It would have turned out better if the glue would have stayed solid where I drew the lines, but instead it spread out and didn't keep the form. I think the paint I used also had a negative impact because it didn't scrub off as well. I used acrylic paint and it would have been easier to use tempera. I didn't use tempera because the only kind I have is washable and so it would have been pointless because it would've washed away. I put this on an old white shirt that I cut up. My favorite part is the middle silver and maroon part. I think it turned out the best. To add the red splotches I took an old paint brush that has hardened and pushed the bristles directly down (so I was holding the brush straight up). Doing this project I was able to learn about the Batik concept and it is really cool and interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment