Friday, April 17, 2015

Foil of Life

For this project I experimented with tin foil and making a print out of it. So what I did was cut out a piece of cardboard that was 6x6 inches. I then decided on what I wanted to create. Initially I tried making a sun with drops to signify that you have to look for the sun when it rains because life is hard but there are still good things to look forward to. After I completed it and was looking over the artwork I decided that it really wasn't very good and it wasn't what I wanted to portray. So I decided to start all over and try again. I cut out the cardboard and glued a picture of a tree to it. I then took hot glue and outlined the tree. I placed tin foil over the cardboard and pressed onto it to outline the tree into the foil. This part was really fun because I got to see the tree come alive out of the tin foil. It looked like a real tree and like how the picture beneath portrayed the tree. The glue oozed out more in some place than others and so it added more texture and uniqueness to the overall artwork. I love this version/style of trees and the look they display. I think it adds a different feel and dimension to trees and what they show us.Something I learned from this project is that messing up is good because it makes you want to do better and then you try harder the next time. Once I finished I really liked the way it turned out and I loved the plain foil look because it seemed to make it stand out. I ended up adding color to the tree with a blue sharpie marker. I have put both pictures so you can see what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment