Friday, April 24, 2015

Paint-Print-Portrait 





For this printmaking project I chose to do the type used with a plastic bag. Of these two I like the one on the left better. I feel like it's more fun compared to the right one. To create these I painted the pattern onto a small plastic bag and laid it onto the half sheet of paper. To make the print I used a brayer. One thing I didn't anticipate, but like what happened, was how the paint would spread out once I pushed with the brayer. I like the way it turned out but I didn't expect it to spread the way it did. I guess I thought it would some what stay the way I had painted it. The like the color combinations of each and the differences between the two. You can't see it in the pictures but using the bag adds texture to the paint. 

Learning about printmaking was really fun and there are so many different types and things to try. If you'd like to see these you can view these links: 

I made these prints with items that I found around my house, which made it more fun because random objects making art is more creative in my opinion. For these prints I used a toilet paper towel roll, bubble wrap, and string (I didn't use the string on the bottom one, instead I used a toothbrush). So for the top one I taped the bubble wrap around the tube and rolled it in paint and then onto the half sheet of paper. With this artwork I went with the less is more approach because I think it makes it stand out more. The blue and black lines were produced from the string that I put on the tube. I wrapped the string around with twists and different lengths apart. 
For the bottom print I did the bubble wrap in pink and blue. I then took the toothbrush and made black flecks all over the paper. For the circles I used an end of the tube and put half pink and half blue. Some of them had more paint and so it added texture. To add the orange I used an old paint brush that has rough bristles. I just held it straight up and made blotches/splatters on the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment