Friday, March 6, 2015

Teacher Thoughts

My junior year of high school I decided that I wanted to become a teacher. I was doing career experience and I went to an elementary school and helped in a kindergarten class. I loved every minute of it! I had so much fun interacting with the little kids. My favorite part was when the students would run up to me and give me hugs and be so excited to see me. It made my heart fill with love and from then on I knew I wanted to be a part of this and be in school the rest of my life.

The teaching philosophy I plan to use is the constructivist style. I think this will work best for me because I believe the students should be involved in the decisions that occur within the classroom. They need to feel like this is our classroom, not my classroom. The control should be shared because I don't want my future students to feel like they are going to bootcamp or something. School should be productive and FUN.

I only have 2.5 semesters left until I receive my degree! I am very excited but nervous at the same time. I know it will be great and I can't wait to have my own students to teach and grow with. The following links are some teaching blogs that I liked and think will help me with future endeavours.

art ideas

busy bees

we are teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment